Today is a rainy day after what seems like endless sun, in American, in England and in my heart. Yesterday the sky was really blue. Today I’m sat here watching grey clouds. Because of this, in a totally self-serving way, I wanted to document a few things that have made me laugh recently. If anyone chooses to read this I need to tell you 2 things. Firstly my sense of humour is not particularly normal and I’m not sharing necessarily to make people laugh, I just want to log things that made ME laugh so I can use it to cheer myself up ongoing. Secondly, these things rendered me virtually incapacitated and actually I’m shaking laughing right now.
- Considering, on a run with some friends, what a dog dressed up in human clothes might sound like if it could speak. Answer: A scouser, sort of like Lily Savage after chain smoking 40 fags.
- Kate Raleigh sending out a picture of Hal Higdon to a friend as an example of an inspirational runner and then laughing at herself for doing it on the basis of his high performance aesthetic
- Sally Perea sending a GIF of how she perceived she would dance should we end up at a disco on the night out after the Flying Pig marathon (that I didn’t run)
- Sally Perea sending multiple wedgie gifs and then apologising for it as I shook laughing
- Sally Perea sendng a gif of the Queen doing funky chicken head thrusts (you may see a trend emerging)
- Reading Viz adverts and daily letters to Viz posted by Stokeses (ALL)
- Zuz ranting at me about my ridiculous power pack – it went on for about twenty minutes, culminating with the punch: what are you *”$##@&@ mental or something?” It was the funniest, honest-est rant of genuine incredulousness.
- LeeAnn Mueller singing “Do you wanna touch my sunrise” as we ran along a trail, having spent about 7 minutes trying to take a selfie of us pretending to touch the sun. She also did a rap version.
- Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger
- Kate Raleigh… just doing all sorts of mischief… but mostly the CAT FILTER…. and I can’t find it!!!!!!!! So I’m sharing her trying Marmite instead.
I also laughed quite a bit at myself when I found a GIF of an alsatian driving an ambulance, that I posted in response to Laura Ive suffering a minor scratch from a leaf on a run.
And at most things Nicola Denley says.
And Michelle Holton and me doing a word association game incorporating the word swallow.
And Ben. Just Ben laughing. And singing Dirty Old Town by the Pogues.
And Crystal Lyons talking about Lycra.
And basically all selfies with LeeAnn.
And doing impressions of greyhounds talking.